Tuesday 8 September 2015

Strike

The Noisy Strike
Boom! I got frightened when the drum played and I didn't pay attention. I started to look and it was so loud. I didn't block my ears because I wanted to hear rocking music. Mr T , Taka and Jimbo were the Strike people.


Bang! went the bass drum. Kapow! went the drum kit. The cymbals were in a good rhythm even the high top. Bash! It was so noisy I thought my ears would burst off.


The marimba was peaceful. It was like a lullaby. It sounded like the outside of birds yelling together. After that they called some volunteers to come and play. From our class Netani and Ashleigh went. Mr T told them what wooden parts to play. Ashleigh was confused which part to tap.


The teachers went down the steps and they played different instruments. They had a competition to see who played the best music and at the end they had to arm wrestle but they forgot that.  They both played really well. But they made a lot of noise. Mr T told them to do some flips.


They had a break and did some tricks with the cans. They did the cup song and Jimbo and Taka couldn't do the cup song. I laughed . When Mr T did the instructions one by one they started to get it and pass the cans to each other.


When they did the fire I thought they were going to blow it from inside their mouth. But they blew it from fire sticks. They used some sort of spray to blow the fire. It actually made music. They turned off the lights.

My favourite part was when they did the fire. I had a wonderful day. Sometimes I thought my eyes were going to fall off because I opened them so wide. The end.



2 comments:

  1. Very well written Shahana. I think marimba is a very special instrument too. The fire must have been amazing as well. I am very glad the performers are well trained to be careful with fire as it can be dangerous.
    Thank you for inserting the video clip. I wasn't able to see Strike"so I really enjoyed watching the segment you put on your blog.
    From Mr Thew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny is that from Maya

    ReplyDelete